Tuesday, April 3, 2012


February 27, 2012

This week was very good.  It actually was a week of ups and downs.  My area, my comp and I have lead the mission for 8 weeks in baptisms and consecutive baptisms until this week we didn’t baptize anyone….We baptize so much that sometimes as missionaries we have to be careful that we are not just baptizing to baptize.  We need to remind ourselves that they are real people that need testimonies first…we could have kept our record going but we decide it is better that our investigator gains a real testimony first.  If she would have been baptized we would have had the record of 9 weeks straight baptisms…but the salvation of a soul is much more important than a number and a record.
     That’s crazy about Remi getting married!!  You don’t know who it is or anything like that?  Wow!  Can you imagine that mom…that’s like me getting married right now, crazy or what??  Are you ready for me to come home?  Just kidding..  that stinks that I can’t be there to tell you all about what’s happening here.  I received revelation last night to set a baptismal date with a lady I have taught for like 6 months!!!  I was so happy because the Lord gave me the opportunity to share it with this lady the revelation and invitation…He used me as the instrument…it was great!!! She has had so many problems.  I feel bad but she will someday be like a president of the Relief Society.  She is powerful and I will not lie…she looks exactly like you…well, right now no but she has a picture that looks just like you did when you were young.  I will send you the picture so you can see.  We shared Alma 7:14,15,16 so this lady would get baptized and she accepted!!!!
     We had district conference this week and it was pretty big.  Our President at the end called one of my converts up and said…ABDIAZ will you share your testimony with us???  And my convert received the Melchizedek Priesthood  after!!!  It was so cool and I almost cried haha.  In our ward we advanced 7 people to the Melchizedek Priesthood.   We are growing so fast here and I’m making plans to let you know I want to come back here the first of December to visit… I decided that is what I want my Christmas present to be.  It will be so much different here…My new goal is to split the ward and make it a stake center here and we have almost reached it!!!!  By the end of the year it will be split into two different wards and in 4 years I can already see 4 wards here with a stake center and in 10 years a mission Palenque Mexico.  And in 15 a temple…..this place really is the land of abundance… idk if that is how you say it in English…I have forgotten English.
I have been thinking about my schooling and I am not sure if I want to go to Dixie or Utah State or eventually transfer to BYU.  I don’t think I am going to play ball when I get home so I can focus on my studies..  I need to get good grades and I don’t want to go back to just play play play all the time.  I feel like being on the team would make me do that.  Ughhhhhh how sad that sounds I know
  I love you all tons.  Be safe!
Love
Elder Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment