Thursday, April 5, 2012

March 5, 2012 Thanks mom for all the information. I know it is hard but I have changed so much and especially in the last 6 weeks. I have changed so much and I know the Lord will let me know what it is that I need to do. Well, this week was so amazingly spiritual. There was a kid with leukemia who wanted to go on a mission but his cancer of the blood would not let him. We went by to see him many times and he finally passed away during a blessing of comfort. While at the open casket in his house, I was assigned to speak at his funeral the next day. I was shocked but started asking people their thoughts for some reason, about the death. I used their thoughts in my talk…When I gave my talk, I had prepared very and the spirit was present in all I said. When I finished another missionary said to me. ”When you were speaking I felt like a general authority was speaking.” I think it was the highest compliment I have ever had and he was from the states. I hope I stay here. I really don’t want a transfer…I can not start to tell you the love I have for this place. It’s not even something touristy or because it is so cool but it is something so sacred between me and my Father in Heaven that I can not begin to explain it. If I did it would make a mockery of the sacredness that it holds. I love this place and I know it is very special. We will see what happens with the changes. I went to the pyramids again with my companion…like for the seventh time. Other than that nothing really has happened. Well, I know how things are here in Mexico and where I am is not bad. It is a very peaceful part of Mexico …Everything you hear is amplified by the media to give America bad thoughts of Mexico…I feel like ugh…white people. I will be coming back here. I don’t know when but sometime within the first year. I know that it is hard to give up sports and the dream but I had so many examples of big little kids …I am sick of them. I am ready to move on. Like you said it is time to grow up. I do love it but it is in the past. I don’t know about school I just want what is best for my future. All I know is that I need to get into a good school so that I can earn the living that I need to support my family. I love you all so much and pray for you always. Love Elder Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment