Friday, December 30, 2011


November 28, 2011

Dear Mom,    
Everything here is really good.  Actually last night Elder Williams who lives with us got like 5 packages from his mom.  It was a tree with full ornaments and everything and so we got to put it up in the house and took tons of nerdy pictures. Haha It’s so funny to see grown men acting like we are little kids still!!!
     Well, we have had some excitement lately and it’s all going really good here.  The thing is that my president gave me an interview the other day.  I promise this man is the most powerful man I have ever met in my whole life.  When he walks in the room everyone can feel his presence and the presence of the spirit, it is awesome!!  I am learning so much from him.  I promise he will be a seventy one day.  Anyway, he gave me a challenge that I had to have 120 people at church.  Well, I set a goal to open the overflow curtain in the back and fill the place.  This week we opened the overflow and had 123 people in church.  It was great to see my hard work and the hard work of the Lord finally paying off with the blessing of souls.  I love you mom so much and I wish you could be here to see the miracles I have seen on my mission.
     I am sad to hear about Becky’s mom and yah it’s crazy how many dead people you see, but I can’t believe that Becky is seeing that stuff.
 I feel bad for Jake Jones as well, state side mission are way hard.
     Well, I haven’t received any packages yet.  Cody sent me a card and I got it.  It was a small letter about two paragraphs but it meant the world to me and something that I’ll keep close to my heart.  I pray for him every night as well.
     That’s great that you had a good Thanksgiving I only wish I could have been there with you. The good news is that I only have a few more weeks and I will have the great opportunity to talk to you guys and everyone on the phone!!  We have been asking our president if  we can do a  skype  This is like a video chat thing where I can look at you on the computer. We will see but he is pure business so don’t get your hopes up.
     Well, there isn’t much here I still have a cold, I’m working hard and I pray for you always…I’m pumped but sad for Christmas but this is my last one here in Mexico…I am going to be completely honest the mission is amazing apart from Christmas.  Christmas is honestly kind of depressing, haha kinda stinks but it’s okay.  I know who I am here for and I feel like my time is going way fast, it seems like I’m almost done with my mission because it is going so fast.
Love
Elder Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment