Thursday, August 18, 2011


July 18, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad,

  Well, this week was really hard the truth.  It’s hard to know what to do sometimes.  It is the simplest time of my life right now but then again one of the most stressful as well.  It is so hard to know what the people here need and how to find the people who need the gospel of Jesus Christ most in their life.  I want to do the best I can for the Lord and I’m trying hard but at times if feels like I just can’t be the best for him.  I want to and I try but it is hard.  Thinking about what the Lord does for us everyday and then he asks us to do something, and we can barely do it.  It’s sad to me, especially when people make promises with the Lord and then can’t keep them.  It just breaks my heart to see the in actives and to see them throwing away the most important thing in their life. It really breaks my heart  If they could only  know a hint of how much the Lord loves them they would change in an instant. The world makes it seem impossible to compete with the Lord’s gospel when actually he has made it really easy for us.  I really don’t even know what to say to some people their hearts are so hard and cold; they are so far away from the Lord.
     But I am okay,  I’m still working hard for the Lord trying to complete his commandments and help people to come unto him.  I’m just thankful for all he does for me.  How amazing and beautiful it is to have the gospel of Jesus Christ himself here and be part of it and be fulfilling the teachings He taught.  This week was good and I will be in prayer until I talk to you again.  I love you and stay safe.  Stay close to the Lord more than anything.
Love Elder Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment