Sunday, August 7, 2011


June 13, 2011

Dear Family,
Well, sorry but once again I’m going to be short.
     Just so you know I am doing a lot more than just leading the music here.  Piano lessons, English lessons, leading the music, training our bishops and mission leaders on how to do their jobs…etc.  We are doing so, so much work here and are truly establishing the kingdom of God here in Mexico.  The joy I have for this work is amazing and to be part of the volunteers of the Lord is something so amazing I really can’t explain it.
     You theme for Youth Conference sounds way fun although one thing about the name is that in this month’s Liahona , if you read it , there is a talk on how we don’t call ourselves MORMONS just to let you know in case you want to change the name.  It says that we accept it but don’t call ourselves Mormons.
     Well, this area is great and I really don’t have much else to say right now.  My comp is a great.  A tall Mexican named Elder Robles who likes to work.   The areas right now are good for baptizing but they need a lot of work in the wards with leadership training.
     I love you tons and when I have more time I will write more.
Love Elder Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment