Sunday, August 7, 2011


May 23, 2011

Dear Family,
     That is so great that Tommy is excited to go, I’m glad he is ready.  He will be a great missionary.
  I can only imagine how big Ava and Dylan’s party was, gosh I can’t wait to see all the pictures.  All I really want is letters and pictures and money haha.  That’s it.  Here in the mission we don’t have birthdays so just put the money you would have given me in my account. It’s just another day so I’m not worried about it till I get back home.  That’s great that the school did so good this year in the AAA. It’s about time.  That’s great about Tedford I’m real proud of him.
     Well, this week we heard Elder Quinten L. Cook from the twelve apostles and you could feel the presence of the Holy Ghost.  I shook his hand and everything.  As well, I saw all my friends from the mission because all of us were there.
     Changes are this coming up week and I have an interview with the President tomorrow so I’ll probably know if I’m going or staying and what I’m doing then.
     As well, I got the package!!!!!!  Thank you a ton and the family loved the seeds you gave them.  Then in the week the two other missionaries, who are younger than me, ate ALL my cookies without me knowing.  So when I got home I really, really let them know what’s up…  I saw the tears coming from them when I was yelling at them but that’s a different story.  Needless to say they said sorry and bought me a new bag, haha.
     I got a letter from Claudia Beckstrand!!!!  Tell her I loved her letter and I can’t wait for the next one  She is really excited to work with you side by side in the work of the Lord, mom.  How much better helper can you get!!!
    As well, we baptized this weekend, it was really special. I don’t have a lot of time so I will shorten my story of the week.  Our recent convert, Rodrigo has been having trouble lately.  We talked in his room and it’s the first time I really cried for one of my investigators. I love this guy so much and it broke my heart to hear his story last night.  I feel like Alma when he says he waters his pillow at night for his people.  That’s what I feel like.
     That’s great what Cody is doing.  I hope it all works out great!!!  Tell him when I buy my ranch he will have a place to put all of them, haha.  Crazy about the horse thing.  I know where it came from probably.  I think I’m living here in it.  The horses here have it tough and I feel so bad for them it’s horrible.

     I love you so so much and I can’t wait to talk to you as well.  Send me letters!!!!
Love
Elder Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment